And Where to Find Custom Barn Doors for Sale in Kansas City
Blank walls are the enemy of a cozy, stylish home. They do about as much for the viewer as a blank canvas at an art gallery. Even if you’re using vibrant colors that pop and emote warmth, you still need those supplemental elements to complement, accentuate, and otherwise elevate your blank walls.
For many folks, the go-to methods of doing this are photos. Lots and lots of photos. They bring a mosaic effect of memories to any blank wall that family members can appreciate as they reminisce. Another bonus: photo frames are super cheap. Even the high-end ones won’t break your personal bank. They also carry the reusability factor. You can constantly cycle out old photos for new ones in the same frame.
However, photos aren’t the best and only way to enliven your space, and they don’t add an elegance or textural element.
Elevating a Room with Custom Barn Doors
Another great way to elevate wall space is with custom barn doors. The advantage is that they’re always going to bring a little something extra compared to what a regular door provides.
Because barn door designs range in styles from rustic to modern to contemporary, there’s bound to be at least a few that will fall in line with the style and aesthetic already established in your home.
Additionally, barn doors can be created to fit any opening within your home, which means you can integrate them into virtually any home or office environment.
Custom barn doors are:
- Available at a great price point; handcrafted barn doors are as inexpensive as $450 through Walston Door Company.
- Highly customizable (wood grain species, paint, hardware, etc.), ensuring your barn door is one-of-a-kind
- A statement piece that elevates the entire room
- Easy to install by yourself; however, you can have your barn doors professionally installed for a nominal fee, if need be.
- Low profile, so they add space and functionality back to the room.
- Fantastic for introducing a natural wood or textural element into the room
The Benefits of Wood Wall Paneling
Wall paneling has evolved by leaps and bounds over the past couple decades. It has come into its own as one of the go-to methods of adding texture and visual appeal to blank walls using the naturally occurring elements found in wood grain. No, it doesn’t have to be outdated or dark. Our wall paneling can add vibrance and energy to your interior design.
In addition to looking good and being eco-friendly, wood wall paneling improves insulation, is highly durable, and helps with the acoustics in the home.
Walston Door Company offers three different types of wood wall paneling, which happen to take inspiration from some of our barn door designs. They include:
- Slat wall panels: Using 1” wide wood slats with ¼” spaces between the slats, slat wall panels are a great way to introduce the look and feel of natural wood in a way that’s balanced and traditional. Available in custom sizes, slat wall panels are available in primed, birch, or white oak wall cladding.
- Fluted wall paneling: Using concave elements, fluted wall paneling gives off the effect of ocean waves made of natural wood when viewed from certain angles. Available in custom sizes, fluted wall paneling is available in primed, birch, or white oak wall cladding.
- Reeded wall paneling: Using convex elements, reeded wall paneling’s piping pattern gives off a bubbling, rippling effect. Available in custom sizes, reeded wall paneling is available in primed, birch, or white oak wall cladding.
You can check out the entirety of our wood wall paneling selection right here on our website. Walston Door Company will even provide you with samples so you can check them out before you decide on an install.
Getting the Finest Wood Products Through Walston Door Company in Kansas City
Although we’re best known for custom barn door designs and manufacturing, we’re making a name for ourselves in the wood wall paneling vertical as well. When you work with some of the best woodworkers in the country, it’s only natural to expand to other products.
The best way to get started with elevating your home is by checking out our online shop and seeing which pieces strike a chord in you. Or you can book an appointment with us for an in-person consultation so we can show you in-person how Walston Door Company can brighten up your home.